Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Journey Reflection

Recently, I was sitting and chatting with a dear woman when she commented that I must have been devastated when I found out that my child has extra fingers and toes. I was a little shocked by the comment but I quickly responded that "No, I wasn't." and explained to her that God had given her to us like that.

You see when I found out that "T" was born with an unusual condition, I only thought about her. I knew that she would have some trials to go through.   I also knew that it could be hard emotionally as it was something different then most people have.

I, however, was never upset or sad by the fact that she was different. My little gift from God is such a blessing. She is so smiley and happy.  She is plump and BEAUTIFUL. In fact, most of the time, I forget that she has "extras". I  usually notice it only when I'm trying to put shoes on her (which is very difficult considering how wide her feet are) or when dressing her and her little finger gets caught in her sleeve.

This is a trial that she has to go through but it is not a trial for me. It's a blessing to see how she takes life so joyfully. We are blessed, so blessed! She is better then what I ever imagined and I thank God that He made her exactly like He did.

I know this dear lady didn't mean it in a bad way. I'm sure others have thought the same thing, so on our end I just want to make it very clear that we are grateful. The Lord has shown himself in so many ways through this journey. I would NOT change it as it's only brought us all closer together and more aware of His care. - Rejoicing in the Present




No comments:

Post a Comment