Friday, November 1, 2013

Cooking w/ Brandy - Awesome Apple Bread

It's Thanksgiving month and I have so much to be thankful for. Since today is "Cooking w/ Brandy" I want to just share how thankful I am of Brandy O. She is not only a great and wonderful cook with amazing ideas, but she is also a close friend of mine. Brandy and I talk about once a week and she is always someone that I look forward to talking to. She has great advice and I know that she will encourage me in the Lord. Thanks Brandy for your friendship as well as your help - Rejoicing in the Present

A friend of mine, Tracey shared this recipe with me!  This is great for apple picking season! Below is a picture of my girls taking a break from apple picking!


What you need...
  1. 4 cups of diced apples ( I used Granny Smith Apples)
  2. 1 cup of oil
  3. 1 cup sugar
  4. 1 cup brown sugar
  5. 3 eggs
  6. 1 tsp vanilla
  7. 3 cups flour
  8. 3 tsp cinnamon
  9. 1 tsp salt
  10. 1 tsp baking soda
  11. 1/2 tsp nutmeg, optional
What you do...
  1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
  2. Combine oil, sugars, vanilla, and eggs.  Set aside.
  3. Sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.  Gradually add oil mixture to dry ingredients.
  4. Stir in apples.
  5. Bake in two loaf pans, sprayed for approximately 1 hour, 30 minutes.

ENJOY! - Rejoicing in the Present

No comments:

Post a Comment