Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Garden Stepping Stones


My husband and mother are gardeners and I heard that these stones were simple to make. My mom's birthday was coming up and so I decided to make her a few for her garden. They were simple to make and they turned out to be very cute!

What you need...
  1. Tin Cake Pan
  2. Cement
  3. Water
  4. Bucket
  5. Stirring Utensil
  6. Pam Cooking Spray
  7. Broken China or Stones
What you do...
  1. Spray the cake pan with Pam or some type of oil
  2. Pour Cement and then water into the bucket
  3. STIR (You want a thick mud mixture)
  4. Keeping adding water and cement until you get it into that thick mud mixture
  5. Then pour that mixture into the cake pan
  6. Shake the cake pan and bump it onto the table to even it out and allow the stones to rest at the bottom
  7. Then place your china or stones into the cement, making whatever pattern you choose
  8. Allow this to set for about 24 hours.
  9. Finally after the 24 hours,  flip the pan over on the ground ...with one big tap it should pop out.

It's not hard but it has many steps. Cute and personalized for any gardener friend or family member. - rejoicing in the present

Ps. The bottom picture is from merrimentdesign. I didn't have pictures of my final work, but when I do get them, I will post.

No comments:

Post a Comment