Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Disney Vaca '13 - I-Fly

My husband and I had been interested in the indoor sky diving program for a long time.  In fact, we had looked into doing it in the past but just never got around to doing it.  When my parents asked for suggestions for the trip, we immediately spoke up about I-Fly (indoor skydiving).  My parents looked into it and then booked it for the family.  Unfortunately, due to my neck and back issues, I was not able to participate BUT I heard good response from everyone.  Most of the family (including the children) did it and EVERYONE loved it.

You can check them out, here...

So what is iFly?
"iFLY is an indoor skydiving experience that creates true free fall conditions, just like skydiving, without having to jump out of an airplane. iFLY Orlando's 1,000 hp vertical wind tunnel generates a wall-to-wall cushion of air, on which you safely float. There’s no parachute, no jumping, and nothing attaching you to planet Earth. It’s just you and the air, it’s the most incredible adrenaline rush."

What you do...
  1. Arrive an hour before your flight time to check-in, complete your waiver, attend your training session, and change into your flight gear (all included)
  2. Your personal, highly-trained and accredited instructor guides you through the entire experience
  3. The whole experience lasts about 1 hour and each flight is the equivalent of one and a half skydives
    1. I believe the hour includes the training and prep.
 THE ONLY COMPLAINT...that it was too short
  1. I believe they were only in the wind tunnel for a few minutes (twice)
It was a lot of fun for all, and a family activity ,but it was a bit pricey and they only blew around for 1 minute.  I'm not sure if that is the way it is for everyone, but I know that it was that way for my family.  So, if you have the extra cash and you are up for an adventure, give it a try!- Rejoicing in the present

PS. Pictures are of 1. my crazy brother flying and 2. the men in my family before they flew.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment