Cinnamon Vanilla Spice Body Scrub Recipe
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sweet almond or apricot kernel oil* (OR olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons jojoba oil (or substitute extra sweet almond/apricot oil)*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract**
- 1 teaspoon Vitamin E (optional)
1. Place brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
2. In a separate bowl blend oils, vanilla extract and optional vitamin E.
3. Pour oil mixture into sugar mixture and mix thoroughly. Spoon into an airtight container and store out of direct sunlight.
Scoop a tablespoon of the scrub into damp hands and rub them together. Apply to body and scrub in a circular motion until most of the crystals dissolve, focusing on rough areas such as elbows, knees, and heels. Rinse and repeat if desired. Follow with moisturizer.
If only sweet almond/apricot oil are used, up to 6 months. If the other more stable jojoba oil is incorporated, up to 1 year
This scrub is not appropriate for delicate facial skin.
* If you’re wanting to use what’s already in your pantry, olive oil can be used. However, the fragrance can overpower the vanilla/cinnamon scent of the scrub.
** Make sure your extract contains alcohol. Alcohol-free extract will make the mixture vulnerable to spoilage