Saturday, June 13, 2015

Judge Not

As I recently confessed, I am a people watcher.  I would LOVE to hear their stories, but I usually don't get that pleasure.  Sometimes, I think I know their story, but 99% of the time, I have NO clue.  In plain terms, I am simply judging the "book" by its cover.

God warns us about judging in multiple chapters throughout the New Testament; however we will look at Romans 2:1-4.


"Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

Did your momma ever tell you this?-- "that is inexcusable, young lady." It's almost like God is talking to a child here. "Your judging is inexcusable!"  God condemns judging. "Judge not lest ye be judged!"  Don't even go there!



2 But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things.
3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?


I don't know the whole story.  I don't know why they did what they did.  I don't know what happened before they got to work today.  I don't know if their heart is heavy, if they just lost someone or if they were up all night.  I don't know what happened in their childhood.  I don't know the whole truth; only God does.  So, let Him be the judge. 


4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?



Let Him be the judge because He has the long suffering approach that we need. "  Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and long suffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?"   God was patient with me to bring me to repentance.  I need also to be long-suffering with others. 

Last thought:
There is a consequence for judging that I have to think about. When I judge others, I cause God to be harder on me. 

I love what David says in 2 Samuel 24:14   "And David said unto Gad, I am in a great strait: let us fall now into the hand of the Lord; for his mercies are great: and let me not fall into the hand of man."

We need to live a life of truth bathed in mercy and love. - Rejoicing in the Present


No comments:

Post a Comment