Wednesday, June 24, 2015

DIY Frosted Vase

Every year for Mother's Day, our church passes out flowers to the women in our church.  This year I decided to have our children's program make vases for their moms. 

I brought all sorts of "fun" stickers, tape, and ribbon for them to decorate their vases. I  also gave them an option to "frost" a message on their vases.  This was definitely a favorite with the kids and the moms who received them. 

It was super easy. This is what we did:

What you need:
  1. Vases (I bought large circular vases so that the kids have lots of room to write)
  2. Letter Stickers
  3. Frosted-Glass Spray Paint
  4. Old Card Board
What we did:
  1. First I had the kids spell out a message on their vases with tape or stickers.
  2. Then we took the vases outdoors.
  3. We placed the vases upside down.
  4. Then we sprayed the vases completely with the frosted glass spray paint.
  5. We waited for about 30 minutes. 
  6. When the paint was dry we peeled the stickers off
  7. Voila' 
I only have pictures of the trial vases, but I wish you could have see the adorable vases they made.  My favorite was one that said "Marvel Mom" on one side and "Supermom" on the other.  They all did a great job. These are personal yet easy to make. - Rejoicing in the Present





No comments:

Post a Comment