Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Beauty

As I was washing up the other day, I noticed a lot more spider-veins.  :(  It's like they are taking over.

Uggh... this getting-older stuff isn't that much fun. Whatever outer beauty I may have had, it's going, going...GONE!  hahahahaha.

I am not writing this post for people to comment  "No, Joy, you are pretty."  Please don't.  I am writing this because something hit me.

The point is this.  It helps me to realize more and more that beauty IS fleeting.  Just like The Word says.

I sat for a few minutes and thought this:  "I'm so glad that I'm not a "rare beauty" because, if I was, this aging process would be very hard."

You see, I can still be and feel beautiful because of WHO Jesus has made of me, NOT because of what I look like.  Through my attitude and love for others, I can be as beautiful as I want to be.

So, ladies, put those mirrors away.  :-) ...get in the Word, find out what God says about beauty and be beautiful.  You don't need surgery, you don't need a new hairstyle or a pound of make-up.  You simply need the Holy Spirit  ("the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." - Galatians 5:22-23)

BEAUTY:

1 Peter 3:3-4 - "Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price."

Prov 31:30 - "Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised."

Last Thought...
Do you know what is TRULY beautiful?  Holiness...
I Chronicles 16:29; 20:21; Psalms 29:2; 96:9 
*Take some time to study Holiness and those verses and apply that to your life.*

You might be in your physical prime.  You might be a few years past that, but you can always at your Spiritual PRIME regarding true beauty - Rejoicing in the Present. 

No comments:

Post a Comment