Monday, June 8, 2015

Father's Day Video

Take the tie back and put that mug down--here is something for your dads that I think they will enjoy:

For Father's Day (and many other occasions), I make a video for the dads, to play at our church that Sunday.  I interview the kids, ask them silly questions, collect pictures and make a video.

I started making these videos, when I was in college and,  of course, this carried over into our ministry at the church where we work.

Later on, I started Journeys By Joy though I am still enjoying making these videos as a ministry to our church. 

You can also do this just for your child/children or to give to their dad as well. It doesn't have to be for a large function.  However, if you do it with a church, make sure you get permission first from the moms to videotape their kids.

There are so many different video themes you can use. Here are a few:


  • Cardboard Testimonies:  Have the children write down their favorite things about their dad on large pieces of cardboard and video-tape that.
  • Letter to Dads: You can have the child write a sweet letter to their dad and video-tape them reading it. 
  • Imitation: You can have your child act like his daddy. This can be sweet and funny.
  • Interview Questions: You can have a list of questions to ask your child and video-tape the interview
  • Favorites: You can video tape the children telling their favorite things about their dads
  • A Day in Dad's Shoes:  Have your child describe their dad's day.  If you have several kids from one family, you can cut and edit the "day" adding in all of what they think their daddy does.
There are so many options, but this really touches dads' hearts.  I remember looking around during the video last year, and catching a few "tears." Below is the video for this year.


 Unfortunately, I had to go out of town and only had a short time to throw this together.  It's not as good as it could be, but you've got to love the kiddos. 

I would have changed the background and made it cuter but it was very last minute.  I hope you enjoy!  If you make one, feel free to leave a comment below.


No comments:

Post a Comment