Thursday, May 14, 2015

You are being watched - Part 2

Yesterday, I told you about "Jane."  Today, I want to tell you about how this played out in my own life.  I have a very sweet friend, who has played an important role in my life over the last 4 years. 

The week before Easter she trusted in Jesus as her Savior.  There were so many people that had a huge part in this, so many people who lived out their faith in front of her. 

One of the things that she told me was that she would have clients, like my husband and I, who were Christians, and she would think "I want what they have." 

I shared the gospel over the last couple years, and at one point in our relationship, I wrote a letter to her sharing Jesus with her.  Mostly, I just talked to her about it when she asked questions. 

Then, about 3 months ago, I got a text message asking if I knew of a ladies Bible study.  I immediately offered to meet with her one-on-one. I t wasn't long after that she trusted Christ.

Several of her clients and their families had been praying that she would come to Jesus and she did.  Her story is a beautiful one! 

I asked her about her experience with Christians and she shared the good and the bad.  She had a very interesting statement about those ones who talked the talk but didn't walk it. 

She made this statement "I was a better Christian then them and I wasn't even a Christian."  WOW!!!

Thankfully, the real Christians out-shined them, but what if they hadn't?

You see the world knows how we are supposed to act.  They are watching us.  We can either be a shining light in the darkness or we can muddy the name of Christ.  It's up to us.  People are watching; what are we going to do? - Rejoicing in the Present


No comments:

Post a Comment