Monday, August 29, 2016

Passionately Praying

"The reason we do not have praying churches is because we do not have praying people." - Pastor Bobby

This statement got my attention as I was sitting in church one Sunday morning.  I often wonder why so many churches are dead and why there isn't much talk of revival spreading.  But then again, I am reminded that churches are made of people, people like me.

What am I doing to bring about change?  Do we have a passion to see souls saved? Do you have zeal for the ministry? Do I desire a deeper relationship with Him?

How is my prayer life?

How is your prayer life?

Pastor Bobby went on to share from Scripture how we ought to pray.

These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren. - Acts 1:14

And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers. - Acts 2:42

But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word. - Acts. 6:4

Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer; - Romans 12:12

Pray without ceasing. - I Thess. 5:17

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints - Eph 6:18


Does this reflect my prayer life?

Do you talk to God about everything? Are we continually living in a spirit of prayer?  Am I praying with fellow believers? When a situation arises, do we go instantly to the One who can do something about it?

One of my favorite scriptures on prayer is the story that is told in Luke 18. The story is of a judge who grants a widow her request because of her constant nagging.

In verse 5 the judge grants her wishes, "lest by her continual coming she weary me."

Let me ask you, Have you wearied God with your problems? Do we passionately cry out to him, over and over again? 

Cry out to him, asking specifically for what you want Him to do.  Ask for His heart on these matters and remember what he says in Luke 18:1 "that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;"

Let's take back our churches. Let's fill them with revival and praying people and let's each start with ourselves. - Rejoicing in the Present



No comments:

Post a Comment