Sunday, August 21, 2016

Packing Tip #4

TIP #4  - Don't be afraid to ask for help.


The very idea of packing up my whole house and moving was overwhelming to me.  After talking to my family, my sister offered to fly down and help.  In ONE WEEK we were able to pack up the whole house (not including everyday stuff, like clothes, toiletries and food).

Just having someone at my side, encouraging me to go through junk, throw away stuff, organize and pack the rest of it was a HUGE help.   She really saved the day in all of this and I'm super grateful for her. 

There have also been others who have helped us.  My parents had a friend from their church who flew down and drove the moving truck up for us so we could drive our cars. We had people who volunteered to help clean, and even a dear friend who replaced a broken window so that we could sell our house.

Don't try to do it all yourself.  

Offer some pizza and ask your friends to come help!  #movingparty

I hope you enjoyed the packing tips. If you have any other suggestions, feel free to leave them below in the comments. - Rejoicing in the Present




No comments:

Post a Comment