We all have "that problem." The problem that seems like it will never go away. The one that makes us cry at nights and keeps us frustrated during the day. The "thing" that we feel we can never overcome.
On Pinterest there are 5 ways that we can beat it.
On Google there are ads that sell us cure.
BUT in the Bible it simply tells us that "we can do it," by showing us that others have before us.
In 1 John the letter tells us of a spiritual young man who is strong and HAS overcome.
"the word of God abideth in you"
Psalms 119 tells us why and how the Bible is so helpful in overcoming.
vs. 11 - The Bible helps us not to sin.
vs. 24 - The Bible gives us counsel
vs. 25 & 107 - It revives and renews us (quickens us)
vs. 28 - It strengthens us
vs. 91- It helps us not to perish
vs. 153 - It delivers us.
vs. 165 - It gives us great peace
vs. 173 - It helps us.
When your mind is focused on God's ways, you can't help but go in that direction. Yes, the evil one will try to sway you but keep your eyes looking up.
Some ideas for scriptural-intentional living are:
1. Posting Bible verses on your mirrors, walls and anywhere else where you would often look .
Example: Post a verse about gluttony on the fridge and a verse about having pure eyes on the TV.
2. Write verses regarding your particular struggle on 3x5 cards and put them in your purse, pocket or in your car.
3. Read "those verses" every morning, and night and at lunch time, if you can.
4. Memorize and review them daily.
5. When you are struggling, get out the scripture and pour your time into that instead of worrying about your problem or talking to a friend about it.
Dear friend, we can be like this young man and overcome, by getting into the Word today! - Rejoicing in the Present