Monday, June 27, 2016

The Heart of a Child

We were on our way to the park. 

I was driving along, distracted by my thoughts, when I faintly heard a fire truck in the background.   I didn't pay much attention to it until I heard my sweet 4-year-old say...

"Dear God, please keep the men in the fire truck safe. Amen."

This wasn't a surprise.  He does this often.

But on this Monday morning I was once again convicted about how easily distracted I am by everyday life. 

My sweet boy noticed that there was a situation that was in need of prayer.  He noticed that there were people in distress.  He noticed that there was a God that could do something about it. 

I want to be more aware. 

Lately, I feel swallowed up by life and its transitions.  I am busy in my preparations, but I want to stop.

I want to notice.

I want to have a heart for people.

I want to have a heart for God.

I want the heart of a child....the childlike faith he has.  God help me! - Rejoicing in the Present

No comments:

Post a Comment