Friday, June 3, 2016

Love vs. Lust

Recently, one of my teen girls told me of a conversation she had at her public school.  A boy and girl asked her why God didn't love lesbians.

The girl from school went on to ask "If lesbianism makes them happy, why couldn't God be happy for them?"

My teen girl had a great answer but we continued to discuss the matter.  One of the first things we discussed was that...

#1 God VERY much loves each person.  He doesn't love their sin, but He loves them!  No matter what label people have put on themselves, God sees the person He created and loves them.

#2. God is orderly and has a certain way for doing things.  When we go away from that way, it is sin.  We could get into the fact that marriage is a symbol of God and the church.  We could get into the emotional and physical damage that comes when one goes away from God's way; but that is for another blog.  Simply we must trust God's ways.

#3 Just because it makes you happy, doesn't make it right.  Sadly, much of our culture and our sin nature feeds on the "make yourself happy" philosophy. Never in the Bible do I see happiness as the goal.  I see the joy of the Lord and peace of God but both of those come from a relationship with and obedience to God.

I could say that having sex with my brother makes me happy--does that make it ok?  What about with an animal or a child?  I know, that as you are reading this, your stomach is probably turning but that is where this line of thinking goes.  What if stealing a million dollars made me happy?  What if killing all my enemies made me happy?  Happiness is not the goal!

Our world has gotten lust and love SO mixed up!!!! 


After this conversation with our teen girl, I was on Craigslist and saw some ads for guys looking for girls, girls looking for guys, as well as girls looking for girls and so on.  I scanned a few and every one I looked at had something to do with sex in it.

My stomach turned and my heart sank as I saw these poor souls who felt that they needed someone and something sexual to fill their emptiness. This included married men and woman looking for something more.

Oh my heart!

If they only knew the love that God has to fill their empty, unfulfilled hearts.  If only they knew what real love is...

Lust is simply a desire that wants to be fulfilled, while love is a intimacy that come from trust, from sacrifice and from God's ways in action.

Love is the couple that waits it out God's way.

Love is the couple who sacrifice for each other.

Love is doing it God's way.

Love is realizing that sex is only a very small part of a relationship.

Please don't get me wrong, sex is a beautiful gift of love inside of marriage, but it is not the end-all. Unfortunately, that is all that lust knows.

God's way is best! It's not the easy route but it is the only route. Our job is to live it out and love these people and show them true joy that comes from doing it God's way. - Rejoicing in the Present


*UPDATE - Just so that we are all clear, I do not believe that gays and lesbians practice bestiality, are criminals or murders. What I do believe, is that when you get away from God's ways, anything is possible to happen. It's a downward slope. This is why, we need to go back to the Bible and God's ways.

Romans 1:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever...
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, 





No comments:

Post a Comment