Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Learning But Not Knowing

I was working through my Bible Study when I came upon these verses in 2 Timothy 3:

...This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.


When I got to that last line, I immediately was convicted.  You see, we have so much knowledge in front of us. 

Just this morning, I went online to find out how to fix my Keurig.  (It was barely dripping out water.) 

(Last night, I went online to find out how to fix my new ceiling light.)

In both cases, I found out information within five minutes that helped to fix the problems. 

Sometimes, our Bible study and even church is just another time to get more knowledge. We know a little bit about a lot of things.  BUT never, yes NEVER, should we EVER just learn ABOUT God.  We must KNOW Him

Studying the Bible isn't just a chore to check off or a way to look smarter.  The Bible is our love letter from our Creator.  It is our guide through life.  It is the source that speaks to our hearts. It reveals to us a closer relationship with Jesus our Savior and God our Father.  It is TRUTH. 

Don't just listen with your brain.  Ask God to help you KNOW HIM with your heart, soul and mind. It's not about learning it's about KNOWING. 

May we never just be learning, but may we always be knowing. - Rejoicing in the Present

No comments:

Post a Comment