Monday, March 7, 2016

ALERT!

I was sitting at my computer working when my phone went off. It vibrated and beeped loudly to tell me that another child was missing. It was the Amber Alert. Once again, my heart sank to know that another mother or father was heartbroken and another child was without his/her parents.

At these moments I feel the most helpless. If I am in my car, I look around at other license plates but there is a very little chance I will ever help. So, I just pray for the parents and the child.

But then it hit me, THAT IS what I can do. I don't "just" pray. I pray!

I can pray for comfort and peace. I can pray blessings over that family. I can talk to the One who can actually do something about the problem.

Dear friend, when you hear that someone is hurting, when you hear a siren or your phone alerting you, pray. Give that burden to God. He is the best Protector, Healer and "Finder." Pray? - Rejoicing in the Present

No comments:

Post a Comment