Saturday, March 19, 2016

The Last Breath

Recently while listening to Steve Brown's You Think About That, I heard an analogy that I just had to share.

He mentioned that he was a former lifeguard.  One of the biggest concerns to lifeguards is having a large, mean man start to struggle and drown in the water. The lifeguard has to wait until he takes one of his last breaths and then reach out to save him.  If the lifeguard doesn't do this, the person could fight to stay up on his own and, in doing so, could drown the lifeguard.

The drowning person must have meekness and complete trust in the one who is attempting to save him.

Are you fighting?  Are so full of pride that God has to wait to save you until you hit rock bottom OR until you are on your last breath?

..or until you are crying out to God as David once did in Psalm 51....

" Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy loving kindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.... Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit...

There is a Savior for every area in your life.... but have you finally given up on YOU and trusted in HIM?

...and as Steve Brown says "You think about that." - Rejoicing
in the Present

No comments:

Post a Comment