Thursday, March 10, 2016

Sing it, Girl!!!

I just love my sweet & spicy little drama queen of a daughter but sometimes her drama is too much for this mama.  I don't know about you, but if the teenage years are anything like toddler-hood, I may just lock myself up in an insane asylum.  :-)

I have learned, though, that if she is having a huge melt down, one of the things that calms her down is singing, either myself or via the radio.  In fact, I sang at the top of my lungs just to block out her "craziness" and then noticed it started to calm her. 


In the Bible, we see how music can effect people.  One of the most famous stories is that of David, who played for Saul to calm his spirit.  There is a whole book filled with his psalms (songs) of worship. 


...and the Bible commands us in Psalms to sing.  It doesn't say if you want to bless or if you want to sing.  It says BLESS, SING.  Do it!!!!  :-)


Worship through music is powerful!  I love what Beth Moore says about what worship does. 


Worship...
  1. Exalts God to the highest place
  2. Relieves the sojourner of the backbreaking burden of ego.
  3. It defeats our enemy. 
  4. It answers grace with gratitude
  5. And it ends in joy. 
Girl, when you feel like you don't want to sing, THIS IS THE TIME!!!! God will be glorified through our gratitude and the devil will get kicked in the britches.  Friend,  it helps us to "get over ourselves", while at the same time, it gives us joy.

So, sweet ladies, as Psalm 134 says..."Behold, bless ye the Lord, all ye servants of the Lord, which by night stand in the house of the LordLift up your hands in the sanctuary, and bless the Lord." - Rejoicing in the Present






No comments:

Post a Comment