Friday, March 14, 2014

Dinner W/ the Tylers - Fymid Crunchie Salad

Over the last month or two I have resolved to cook more.  A lot of the time, it’s cheaper, tastes better and is healthier. I wasn’t doing great cooking and was very uncreative. We were having meat and a veggies almost every night and well, the veggies was usually green beans. So, I’ve gone on a crusade to find and make a variety of different recipes.

I believe my husband is enjoying it and I feel better knowing that my son is getting healthier selections. So I’m going to share with you some of my favorite recipes.

Brandy from Cooking w/ Brandy is expecting #4 !!!! so because of that she can’t stand the smell of food cooking.  We are going to give her a break and I will be sharing Dinner with the Tyler’s.

This first recipe is from a good friend in Knoxville.  I was working with her daughter and was at their house during dinner quite a few times.  She was, and I’m sure still is, a wonderful cook and gave me a few of her recipes. This recipe was given to her by a friend, so I’m not sure where it originated.

Fymid Crunchie Salad.

This is great for a hot night or even lunch.  The one negative aspect is once you pour the dressing on it, you have to eat it.  My husband and I do not like it as a leftover, but fresh it is AMAZING!

The salad consists of 4 parts. Once you mix it together, you serve it immediately.
  1. Romaine Lettuce
  2. Cooked Chicken
  3. Fried Wonton Slices
  4. Dressing

What to do
  1. Cut up the lettuce, wash and set aside
  2. Cut up the wonton’s into slices
  3. Start cooking the chicken and while the chicken is cooking, start frying the wonton wrappers
  4. To fry the wontons, place oil in the bottom of your pan, let the oil heat and put the slices in one at a time.
  5. Once the chicken and wontons are done, make the Salad Dressing.(See recipe below)
  6. Once that is all done, crunch up the wontons with your hand. Place the lettuce in the bowl, top with the chicken and wontons. Then pour the dressing on. Mix the salad well and pour off remaining dressing.
  7. Serve! It’s SUPER YUMMY!

Fymid Dressing

  1. 1 T chopped green onions
  2. ¼ c sesame Oil
  3. 3T soy sauce
  4. ¼ c vinegar
  5. 1 t salt

No comments:

Post a Comment