Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Being More Productive by Doing Less Part 2

So how as a mother, wife, and/or employee can you be more productive?  Yesterday, I gave my testimony of being productive while doing less.  Today, we are going to ask some questions that might help us be more productive.  It’s Christmas and thus we need to get more done;  but can we do less?

Ask yourself some questions…and make a list

  1. Does your house always need to be spotless?
  2. Can you make freezer meals?
    1. Take a day and cook for the whole month so that you have home-cooked meals in less time?
    2. Do you have a friend who loves to do what you dislike doing?  You can trade talents and energy by doing what you like to do most.
  3. Where do you need to save your energies?
    1. Time with your husband?
    2. Playing with your kids?
    3. Devotions/Walk with the Lord?
  4. What are your goals for your husband, children, yourself?
  5. What ministries can you teach others to do?
  6. Can your children help with some chores?
    1. Can you teach them to more them make their bed and clean their room?
    2. What talents has God gifted to your children? Can they decorate?  Clean?  Are they detail- oriented?  Can they baby-sit the other children? 
  7. Where has God gifted you?
    1. What talents are very obvious that you need to use for Him?
    2. What does He want you to do?

Now, take your list and sit down with your husband.  Ask him the questions, help him make a list and compare.  Talk to your kids as well and ask them where they can help.  You can make a list you can try to live by.

Yes, it can be hard at first.  There will be mistakes.  Everything won’t be perfect from the first day.  In fact, it might be a bit more stressful at first, but I can promise you that it will pay off.  You will be training othersand spreading your work load out so that you can do what you do best and get your family's goals accomplished.

Your list may look like this:

  1. I will clean the kitchen 3x 2x a day
  2. I will do only 1 load of laundry every day
  3. I will Each child will clean one room in the house a day
  4. I will pick one Saturday a month and our family will make the meals for the whole month
  5. I will volunteer to help out at the community center
  6. I will not use any type of social media from 6pm-9pm so I can spend time with my family.  
  7. I will give 2 3 nights a week to my husband to talk once the kids are in bed
  8. Friday nights WILL be Family Night
  9. I will give 1 hour to each child per day for 1-on-1 time
  10. I will work the nursery, sing in the choir, teach Sunday School and help out with the teens
Your list needs to look like your family. I t will depend on the age of your kids, what talents you all have and what goals you have as a family.  Spread the load-- it will help more get done with less work.

“Wisdom entails recognizing what season you are in and living according to that. Never be ashamed to admit that you can’t do it all. The main thing is that you keep God first and foremost, and His strength will give you what you need to make decisions that will glorify Him.” – Tony Hudson (Kingdom Woman)

(Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord.) Psalm 121:1-2 – Ask God for your help!  Tomorrow we are going to look at Christmas and ask some questions that might help us make Christmas more productive. – Rejoicing in the Present

No comments:

Post a Comment