Thursday, January 10, 2013

MYO Rice Cozy




For Christmas, I wanted to give my friends and family something that I felt would give them some comfort and relaxation. So here it is..
As some of you know, I have had four major back surgeries and now deal with the pains of a neck injury from a car accident and fibromyalgia. I know pain and I know what gives me relief from that pain. So when I saw these on Pinterest, I had to make them!

What you need:
1. Lavender essential oil
2. Plastic Buckets (I used large empty yogurt containers)
3. Rice, rice and more rice
4. Fabric
5. Scissors
6. Sewing Machine
7. Thread

What you do:
1 A few days before you start your sewing, fill the plastic tubs up with rice and then drop 10 drops of lavender into the tub. Place the lid on the container and shake shake shake. Allow the lavender rice to sit for several days to absorb the smell
2. Sewing Day: Cut out material to twice the size that you want your rice cozy
3. Turn the material inside out and sew along the edges of 3 sides and then flip the material back to the nice side (you should have a nicely sewn bag) 



4. Pour the rice into the open side

5 ...and then sew shut
6. Place a label with directions that say:  Microwave for 1-2 minutes for heat or place in freezer for cold




No comments:

Post a Comment