I want to encourage all my followers to check out the WomenLivingWell.com Marriage Challenge. I was super excited to see this challenge in my email this morning. I hope you will follow her the next few weeks for some great ideas. It will be a great blessing to you. This week the challenge is...
Week 1 Challenge - Take the Initiative! Look for ways to praise your husband verbally.
Praise him in front of the kids, friends, family, co-workers, on facebook, tweet it – get praise out anyway you can! Try to mention something noteworthy he has done – in his role as provider, father, husband, lover, or friend. If the thought of trying to come up with one terrifies you, then pray right now that God will give you new eyes to see your husband as God does. Then open your mouth and say something kind and uplifting to your husband today and tomorrow and the next day until Valentine’s Day arrives!
Here’s some practical ways to communicate your praise:
1. Text him with a sweet message that includes something you appreciate about him (or maybe a picture collage like my one above) I learned this from Pinterest !
2. Email him today telling him how grateful you are for him.
3. If he’s on Facebook – go to his wall or post a status update praising him
4. Offer to say the prayer before dinner and then in your prayer thank God for him and give specifics.
5. As you give him a kiss hello, goodbye or goodnight – insert a little word of thanks and praise.
The challenge includes doing this every single day until Valentine’s Day but I want to be realistic…for some of you this is gonna take babysteps. So just do what you can – something is always better than nothing. And next week, we’ll get even more creative with ways to show our men we don’t just love them – we LIKE them!!
I love it!~ Praise is one of the greatest and most encouraging things we can do for our hubbies. It shows them that we respect and love them. Provers 31:12 "She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life." We can really hurt him or help him with our mouth. TAKE THE CHALLENGE and leave a comment about what you did and his response... - rejoicing in the present