Monday, November 12, 2012

Without Love

If you know me personally, you would know that I (as my dad put it) have the personality of a bulldozer. I love to get things done, and I'm a little fireball when it comes to the ministry, but, with that, sometimes, I tend to roll over people so that I get my agenda done. I also want people to do "it" the "right" way and so sometimes things don't come off in a loving manner.
So I am, personally, studying and memorizing I Corinthians 13. This chapter has so many goodies in it. Today we are going to just look at "without love"

1Co 13:1-3 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

Without love ...

1. I am an empty, annoying sound - kinda like nagging :). I may have the right message but not the right spirit. I can be "telling" a friend what he or she should/shouldn't be doing, but if I am not filled with love and the Spirit and I might as well keep my lips closed.
Ladies, think about when you are talking to your husband. Are you filled with love when you talk to him? If not, you are just nagging him; you are like that empty "gong" sound.
If my hubby were to get up and preach the most truthful and seemingly "powerful" message and was not full of love, it would be fruitless.

2. I am nothing: I may "know" I am right, I may have a Doctorate or Degree for that matter, but without love, I am nothing. It doesn't matter who I am or what I know, I am NOTHING without God.

3. There is no profit. I could be living on the street in rags because I "gave it up," but if it was not because of love, there is NO profit.

I want you to think about the ministries you do, the service you give to the Lord. Is there love? If not your work is in vain.  LOVE today, in all you say, and do .
-- rejoicing in the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment