Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Respecting God's Ways

I was at a "Family Event" this weekend. At it's core, the event supported cancer-affected families. I love that. There was a bounce house, face painting, carnival games and food booths. I was excited to take Avery because of the fun.

Just as we were walking up, I started to become concerned with the music that was blaring over the event. The music was far from family-friendly.

Thankfully, the bounce house was far enough away from the music that it wasn't a concern, but while Avery played I noticed something else going on. The event was these men dressing up like women. It was a "big joke." I get it. I get that people fighting cancer is NOT a joke and sometimes you need something to laugh about. I get that sometimes you have to go outside your box and do something crazy to show your support for these dear precious people.

...but I also know that God says in Proverbs 14:9 that "Fools make a mock at sin." It also says in Deuteronomy 22:5 "The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God."

Abomination means that God is literally disgusted by it and that He hates it!
Wow, that is pretty strong!!
Folks, this is BIBLE!!! We either stand for what God stands for, or we all FALL.

More and more, God's principles are being clouded. We need to go back to the Bible and pull out what God says is pure and lovely and true and right and follow those things.
We've got to stand for truth!!!!!!!

I was very disappointed and took our little guy out of the situation before he knew what was going on.
I like a good laugh, like anybody else, but NOT at the expense of upsetting God. ...something to think about. :-)  - Rejoicing in the Present

No comments:

Post a Comment