Saturday, April 16, 2016

Lost My Phone Again!!!


How many times a week does this happen? 

I don't know. 

Ask my husband and he will say hourly.  :-)  I am terrible about losing mine.  I would probably be better off with a phone that was connected to the wall.  :-) 

Anyway...

I found something that is AMAZINGLY helpful. 

Did you know that you can send a text via email?????

Yep!!!

STORY ALERT:  My Saturday morning was a little stressful; I was working on some things with "A" when my phone rang.  "T", of course, thought it was a great time for me to read a book and brought me CORDUROY to read.  I talked to my hubs about some events that were taking place later that day.  Then, distracted, I set the phone down and laid the book on top if it.  :( ...and then continued to work with "A".

By afternoon, it had been gone for a while.   Due to the events of the day, I needed to call my husband immediately.  I started getting stressed, "T" was asleep and I couldn't go any where.  I didn't know what to do.

THEN, I thought, I wonder if you can send a text via email.  I know I have sent messages to an email before, so it should work vice versa.  So I googled it and I found out that you can!!!!

I figured out the correct code and sent a text to my husband. "Please call me and keep calling until I answer. I lost my phone. - J."  I wasn't sure if it was going to work but, within minutes, my phone started ringing and, shortly after, I found it under the book. 

YAY!!!! ...So how do you do it???? 

First, you have to have an email account.  :-)

Then you type the 10-digit phone number in front of the phone carrier's address.  Let me give you an example. Let's say your friend/family member uses AT&T.  Then you would put in their number and their gateway.

EXAMPLE:  1234567890@mms.att.net

Thanks to Digital Trends for the info, as well as the carriers' gateways.  See below for list of each carrier's address.  I was so grateful for this info.  It was a lifesaver.  I hope this helps someone else. For more information on how-to go to Digital Trends. - Rejoicing in the Present





No comments:

Post a Comment