Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Where are Your Eyes?

Terrorist threats, government incompetence, the drama of life, sickness, death-- it is all around us. And raising my children in the midst of it is terrifying. As I was reading Psalms 123 in my Bible study, I was reminded of an important truth.

Psalms 123: "Unto thee lift I up mine eyes, O thou that dwellest in the heavens. Behold, as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress; so our eyes wait upon the Lord our God, until that he have mercy upon us. Have mercy upon us, O Lord, have mercy upon us: for we are exceedingly filled with contempt. Our soul is exceedingly filled with the scorning of those that are at ease, and with the contempt of the proud."

We are surrounded by those who scorn us and would love to see evil come to us. Friends, we need help. "Have mercy upon us, O LORD, have mercy upon us." These are the times when our Savior and our salvation are especially an encouragement and our hope. This is not the end. It is just the beginning.

Many of you sweet ladies are in a really dark place; you're crying out for mercy; you need a balm, you need come comfort. You need mercy.

Let's look back at the first verse. The psalmist says "Unto thee lift I up mine eyes, O thou that dwellest in the heavens."

He is looking UP. This is where our eyes must be.

In Acts 3:1-7, we see a poor man who is living a pretty sad life, begging for money. Peter tells him, "Look on us." In a few short moments, the beggar was healed.

What happened? The beggar took his eyes off his problems. This is not to say that you will necessarily be physically healed because you look away, but looking up DOES heal your heart.

This is how Beth Moore described it in our Bible study:

WHERE I LOOK leads to -> WHAT I HEAR, which leads to -> WHAT I FEEL which results in = WHAT I EXPECT

How does that effect my walk with God?

When I take my eyes off my problems and look to Jesus, I can hear Him. Thus He can guide and lead me. This way you will develop the peace that He brings, which will make you feel like a whole new woman. Thus our expectations will be what we know God will do.

So who is this God? The God of the Bible, not the God that we have decided on in our imaginations.

He is holy - Psalm 22:3-4

He is King and in control. - Psalm 29:10

He reigns, surrounded in all His glory. - Psalm 99:1

He is HIGH above the nations. His glory is so much more then we can fathom. - Psalm 113:4-6




The God of the heavens, the God that is revealed to us in the Bible, is worthy of worship and praise. He is truly God. He is in control. Let's get our eyes on Him and all the rest will fade away. We have HOPE because we have Jesus and we have mercy and grace because of a loving God who cares about US. - Rejoicing in the Present


No comments:

Post a Comment