Monday, November 2, 2015

Memorizing Scripture

Psalms 119:11 says "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee."

2 Timothy 3:15 "And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus."


Scripture memorization is important.  The Bible talks about hiding Scripture in our hearts, dwelling on it, feeding on it and more.  Having scripture in us is a MUST as
Christians.


However, memorizing is not easy.  I REALLY struggle with it, myself.  So, I wanted to share an easier way to memorize scripture.  I learned this while working at The Wilds Christian Camp years ago.

What you do is write down the first letter of each word in the verse. For instance, Psalms 119:11 says "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee." 

So, you would write, TWHIHIMH,TIMNSAT.

Then when you are going over the verse, use the initials to help you.  Eventually you will be able to stop doing that. 

Lastly, pray about it.  God wants us to have His Word in our hearts and so asking Him to help is a no-brainer.

I hope this helps you. - Rejoicing in the Present

No comments:

Post a Comment