Monday, March 30, 2015

Praising the Healer

It was going to be a LONG trip, at least twelve hours, with a bus-full of teens and my two little ones. The babies didn't like their car seats and we had one very stomach-sick teen. Oh, and did I mention that our bus broke down only 2 hours away from our home? 

This could be a post about a very horrible trip but it's not going to be that. The trip and teens that we took, ended up being quite lovely! However, in the bleakness of that night, a miraculous event occurred and THAT is what I want to tell you about.

Sweet "T" (she certainly fits the name) is usually all smiles and just a blessing to be around.  Another fact about her is that she seems to be highly allergic to everything. From pollen to animals to weather changes to perfume and germs, she seems to get sick quite easily. It's possible that she might have a rare white blood cell disorder that her dad has but she has not been tested for that, as of yet. 

When our bus broke down outside of Jacksonville, we did a little shopping and then hung out outside throwing the football and goofing off. Later that night we ended up at a dear family's house who had dogs. We didn't know before that night that she reacted to them. 

It was a bit of a shocker to wake up at 3AM to the sound of her having a horrible coughing fit. It was so bad that as I sat and rocked her; I feared that we would most likely end up at the hospital. I had packed her inhaler machine (which was another miracle) and gave her a treatment but it still didn't seem to make that much of a difference. 

The only thing I could think to do was pray. So as I held her up to the Lord and I prayed. "God, you are the healer. I need you to heal her, and when you do, I will praise you for it." I was going to beg Him until He said, NO. I continued to pray and after a short time she started settling down. Then, it was like she had a boost of energy. 

Then, as she was feeling better, she decided she was going to have a "party" in her crib. Finally, I prayed again, "Lord, now that you have healed her, please put her to sleep." He did!

It was a long night and I didn't get much sleep with all 4 of us sleeping in a full size bed but it was a beautiful night. God came out of the bleak night and healed a little girl for that night to soothe a mother's heart. 

We went on to face more pollen and more germs on that trip and baby "T" is continuing to fight off more sickness. However, My Father, the Healer, filled up my faith tank just a little more and showed me how He really does care for our family.  So, in return, I praise, YOU, Father and thank you for the miracle you gave us that bleak yet beautiful night. - Rejoicing in the Present



No comments:

Post a Comment