Friday, February 13, 2015

Valentines Day '15

So in February, the subject of love and hearts is everywhere. We start talking about "love", watching chic flicks, hanging hearts and wondering what our romantic husband is going to do for us.

We may even go on pinterest and come up with some ideas for him. A few years ago, I actually made my husband a gift everyday from February 1 to the 14th. It was a lot of fun and I shared the ideas on my blog.

Sadly though, Valentine's Day, for many, has turned out to be a day of entitlement. TV tells us that "my husband only loves me if he buys me that beautiful ring from Kay's, or a dozen roses or at least write me a long juicy love letter."

We have expectations and even when our husband does reach out, it's not good enough.

Love is a sacrifice. It's not YOUR idea of a sacrifice. It's his own personal sacrifice. 
Try to see through his eyes. Embrace his gift, whether that be material or himself. 

Finally, don't forget the most important chapter of love, I Corinthians 13... (charity means love)

"Charity suffereth long, 
and is kind; 
charity envieth not; 
charity vaunteth not itself,
is not puffed up,
Doth not behave itself unseemly,
seeketh not her own, 
is not easily provoked, 
thinketh no evil; 
Rejoiceth not in iniquity, 
but rejoiceth in the truth; 
Beareth all things, 
believeth all things, 
hopeth all things, 
endureth all things."

...this is love. This is sacrificial love toward each other. Happy Early Valentines. May you fall in love with God first, each other 2nd and the lost souls around you. - Rejoicing


No comments:

Post a Comment