Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Kids' Ideas About Love

Before my husband and I moved to Florida we attended church and ministered in Oak Ridge, TN. We worked in the children's department and one of the fun opportunities that I had was interviewing the kids about "love". 

When I decided that I was going to write about love during the month of February,  I decided that I had to share these adorable comments. Here are their thoughts.  I believe most of the children were under 5 years of age. 

What is love?

When mommy and daddy give me hugs- Erika

Put up with people and still love them - Karen

They go to a wedding – Ashlee

When you love someone sooooo much – Autumn

It looks like a heart – Brooke

Ashlee reaches over and hugs Autumn

Why do people go on dates?

Cause they need to - Ashlee

Because they want to be together at a restaurant - Autumn

Why do people hold hands?

Cause they have to stay safe - Ashlee

When you are close to a car ...and so they know where you are or they will go to their room and get in trouble? – Erika

I have no idea - Amelia

So you don’t get crashed by a car and lose their children  and so you won’t go away- Julianne

Cause we are in a parking lot and that’s the rule - Mia

What is love between a boy and girl?

I don’t know? I’m not that old yet - Karen

They are getting married – Grant

I think the same thing he did - Seth

Well if the “friend” took the “friend” out and he lost her then the parents would be very upset when he came home without her - Autumn

How can you tell that a couple is in love?

Batting eyelashes, they talk and they like the same things – Karen

Talk a lot, walk together, go places for dates – Josie

They are talking – Julianne

They are married - Mia - HAHAHAHA - you would hope :-) 

If you were to see an older couple sitting at a table at a nice restaurant, how would you know they are in love

Oh, like my mom and dad – Karen interrupts half way through J

They depend on each other – Amelia

They are smiling and kissing and hugging - Julianne

Cause they have wrinkles on their face – Autumn

Cause their mouths are smiling and that means they are getting married – Brooke

Cause they kiss on their lips and they have children with them - Autumn


How old do you have to be to get married?

Well there are exceptions…like when it’s easier to pay taxes but normally the age is after college (23) -

16 like Peter – Julianne

2 years old - Karis

How old do you have to be to get married? – 18, how old for your first kiss – 21 - Alexandra 
...ummmm that couple may have some problems. ...just saying :-) 

How old do you have to be for your first kiss

My mom would probably say 26 – Josie

6 years old - Mia

How old do you have to be to get married?

I’m not getting married – Grant

Why do people get married?

To make more people – Seth

Out of the mouth of babes. This was only one small part of the interview the rest of the questions were about life. Your "love" speaks volumes to your kids. Think about it. - Rejoicing in the Present

No comments:

Post a Comment