Friday, February 6, 2015

That Others May See You

Take away the melodies, take away the songs I sing
Take away all the lights and all the songs YOU let me write
Does the man I am today say the words YOU need to say

Let them see YOU in me let them hear YOU when I speak
Let them feel YOU when I sing
Let them see YOU, let them see YOU in me

Who am I without YOUR grace, another smile another face
Another breath a grain of sand passing quickly through YOUR hand
I give my life an offering take it all take everything

Let them see YOU in me let them hear YOU when I speak
Let them feel YOU when I sing
Let them see YOU, just let them see YOU in me

It was a Sunday Morning, I was trying to keep "T" quiet when a dear lady got up to sing these lyrics. I was sitting in the audience, in a place where I could not see the singer and the song wasn't really a style of music that I liked.  But as I listened to the words, they had such a powerful message.  

"Let them see You in me let them hear You when I speak
Let them feel You when I sing
Let them see You, let them see You in me

I couldn't see the singer but I could hear the message, a message that pointed to Jesus. It was exactly as the song was saying. I hope that that is the message of my life.

When we give to others, I hope they see Jesus.

When we sing HIS praises, I hope that HIS praises are sung.

When we speak His gospel, I hope His gospel is spoken.

That Sunday, it was the ONLY message I heard, as "T" decided that she wanted to "sing" in church as well, but it was a POWERFUL message that I continue to think on.

Every ministry,
 every outreach,
 every song
 and every prayer,
 I pray,
 points to Him.

I pray it glorifies and honors Him and Him only.

Let them see YOU, Lord, in me, let them hear YOU, let them feel YOU. - Rejoicing in the Present




No comments:

Post a Comment