Monday, February 17, 2014

"Grace Unplugged" - Review and Ramblings

Grace Unplugged is about a young girl who grows up under a "rock-star"-turned-Christian father and decides to follow her dreams instead of God’s plan for her life.  Grace is extremely talented and, when the world pulls her away, she gladly follows. It’s a clean movie and I would definitely recommend it as a family night movie, especially if you have young teens.

It shows how attractive the world can be at times.  This is one of the things that I  have been discussing with our teen girls lately.  I think many of us think that the devil is some slimy, scar-looking guy with horns.  As soon as we saw that guy, we would run the other way.  HOWEVER, the Bible talks about how he is extremely “wise” and full of beauty.  Unfortunately he has used both of these tools to drag people to hell with him.  I tell my girls all the time that we have to be careful, because he is attractive and his ways are attractive and “fun”, for a season.  But, step by step, they lead us down the pathway to hell.  This is why we need God’s wisdom to perceive the right way.  Even “good” things can lead that wrong way.

I think many of us think that we would NEVER do “this” or “that.”  I would “never” have an affair, I would never get drunk, I would never kill someone, but with the devil’s help or our flesh, in a split second many good “Christians” have found themselves in these very situations.  Look at David and Bathsheba.  He was in the wrong place at the wrong time and listened to his flesh. The next thing, we see an affair, a murder and the death of a baby.

Stay away from the world.  The Bible says in Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.  Don’t even getaway.  It will be hard at first to pull away.  Habits are hard to quite.  Recently, my midwife asked me to cut coffee while I'm carrying the baby.  It’s been hard.  Every morning, I want to go downstairs and enjoy a hot cup, but I know this is the best for us all.  It’s painful but the results will be good.

Just remember… YOU are NEVER to big to fall  The safest place to be is on your knees.  You have less of chance of stumbling.  J - Just some ramblings of a lady rejoicing in the present. 

No comments:

Post a Comment