Monday, May 20, 2013

Not I, but Christ

In a world of Me-Time, and down-time we sometimes get the attitude that we deserve "this" or "that."  Working in the ministry, sometimes, I feel that I am pulling teeth to get people to volunteer for a certain ministry.  People are just not willing to commit anymore.  They are so busy, that church and ministry only fits in the overtime of their lives.
I recently heard this song and I just can't get the lyrics out of my head.  It doesn't say "go get pampered,  J, you deserve it." It doesn't give me, "me-time" or "down-time." It gives me Jesus.  See.  God gave us Jesus. After Eve ate that fruit, God could have washed His hands of us and walked away, but praise Him, He didn't.  Instead, He sent Jesus to save us from a life of sin.  When we have a Savior who went out of His way for us, when He was crucified for us, why are we struggling so much with giving Him time.  The song says..
For I am crucified with Christ and yet I live
Not I but Christ that lives within me
His cross will never ask for more than I can give
For it's not my strength but His, there's no greater sacrifice
For I am crucified with Christ and yet I live

When I received Jesus, I gave up my life.  Christ lives within me.  My focus should be on Jesus.  He gives us a new life, a new song, and a new dream.  He gave, so we need to "get over" ourselves.  It is not about us, it's not about what we need or how we feel or what inconvenience this is going to be to us.  It's about Christ.  It's about living out his desires.  I live, but I live for him. - Rejoicing in the present



Galatians 2:20 " I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment