Tuesday, October 13, 2015

The Big Picture - Part 1

Bathroom messes, new baby coming, ordination preparations and a brain tumor among many other stresses have been my life. It's mind boggling to be so excited about one friend whose precious new baby is due any day, and at the same time, crying over the phone over another friend who's husband is in ICU in a coma because brain tumor surgery became complicated. 

LIFE IS STRESSFUL!  It's full of surprises--some we love, some we hate.  It's full of memories--some beautiful, some torturous.  It's full of questions and sometimes no answers. 

Recently, I was talking to a friend on the phone about our dear friend who's husband is suffering due to this surgery.  The surgery was supposed to be pretty routine.  I mean we all knew that something bad COULD happen, since it's the brain, but we never expected this. In fact, many of us were praying that God would just take the tumor away.  So I half expected for the surgeons to go in  and everything be gone and healed. 

So when I received news to the contrary, that it was really bad, I was shaken.   WHAT?  This isn't what was supposed to happen. It was all supposed to be gone. 

So we chatted about that and she reminded me that there is a big picture.  I don't know the complete plan. ...but I do know the One in control of the plan and I have seen His working and the results before.

He's "got it"!  I just need to remind myself of that. If He can control nature, heal the sick and conquer death, don't you think He's "got it"? 

"Casting all your care upon him; for He careth for you." - I Peter 5:7


"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." -Prov. 3:5-6


"As for God, his way is perfect;" - 2 Sam 22:31


"The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower." - Psalms 18:2


I honestly don't get it right now, but I know that He has got it! - Rejoicing in the Present





No comments:

Post a Comment