Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Sisters in Christ

"Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep." - Romans 12:15

NEVER has this verse had meaning, like it did this last week. One of my closest friends lost her husband, while another of my closest friends birthed her baby girl. 

It has been a week of pure exhaustion. It has made me hold my babies a little closer and sit down and patiently trust God a little more. 

I have wept like I never have this week.  I have wept in sadness and I have wept in gladness.  I have wept!

...and this is very appropriate. In fact, the Bible teaches us to do this. We are a family and we must support each other. 

There is way too much gossiping and tearing down of one another in the normal church scene...too much judging and criticism of other believers. It's sad and wrong.  How can we help our sisters in Christ if we are talking about their hem line or picking at other insignificant details?

I would encourage you as a sister and a friend to reach out to your sisters in Christ with gentleness and godliness.  Find out what is going on in their life, pray for them, love them and help them. 

I was SO encouraged by our church through this latest ordeal. People have come out of the woodwork to make meals and love our dear ladies. We have meals coming for all the families. We have had cards sent, money raised, gifts poured out and MANY prayers sent up. THIS...yes THIS is what a church should look like. Let us rejoice and weep with our sisters - Rejoicing in the Present



No comments:

Post a Comment