Friday, October 23, 2015

Homegoing

Death hurts.  My heart is hurting today as one of my brothers in Christ has gone to be with Jesus.  My eyes are swollen because of tears and my heart is heavy with the burden that my sweet friend, his wife, is caring.  We have been tormented as we have walked this path with them.  We didn't want to let him go, we wanted him with us, but God's will was different.

As we were standing around the hospital bed, my husband prayed over this dear couple. He couldn't continue as this man was a dear friend of his.  As he prayed, he mentioned the reminder that Job gives us.  He said "The Lord gives and sometimes He takes..." 


...and then Jer had to stop, he silently wept. He couldn't continue the prayer.

Then the wife of this dying man blurted out. "BLESSED be the name of the Lord."

I am weeping over this even as I write.  How does God give such peace to this young couple?  A couple who are very much in love, a couple who loved God and each other so much.

How can she have such peace?

The answer lies in the hope that she has and the promise that has been given her: that her love is being taken care of.   She knows that her husband is in the hands of the One who created him AND that if he passed away, Danny would be going home.

Before Jesus died on the cross, a sinner reached out to Him.  In Luke 23 it says "And he (the thief) said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. 
And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise."

“for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance".   - Jesus, Matthew 19:13

 “For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” - John 3:16
 

When that thief on the cross reached out to Jesus, "Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise."

Years ago, Danny reached out to Jesus and asked him to forgive his sins and "remember Him."  And Jesus did.  Jesus became His Savior and Friend.

Cheri knew and believed the promise that, since Danny believed in His Savior, Danny will not perish, but have everlasting life.

What peace, what hope, what a Savior!

My heart grieves for Cheri, but I am doing a happy dance for Danny.  His life is really good!   No more pain, no more tears, no more sin struggles, no more drama.  :-)  Life is good in Heaven!

I don't know how people manage life that don't  know the Savior, that have no hope of a future in heaven or of seeing their loved ones again. 

I am so grateful that this is not my home, this is not my final destination, this is not "it".  I have hope today!  If you don't know our Savior, I pray you will come to know Him and have this Hope too!

 - Rejoicing in the Present






No comments:

Post a Comment