Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Power of the "I"

Recently I have been reading Courtney Joseph's Woman Living Well book.  It has been very convicting and helpful!  In one of the first chapters she is trying to convey the message of blocking out the world and media so that we can have our alone time with God.  I really needed to hear that because I, too, get overwhelmed with all the social media, and sometimes I just don't get around to my walk with the King.

Courtney says "Have we forgotten the power of the "I" - not the iPad, iPhone or iPod - but the Great I AM?"  I feel like it is so easy with all the different "i's" to spend time  on - Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter- and thus we waste hours of time on nothing.

During Christmas, we stayed at my parents' house in TN and I had a lot of leisure time.  I found myself lying around and spending vast amounts of time on social media.  I felt so blah, I thought I was getting sick.  Toward the end of the trip, I got my Bible study book out and started back up on my study and immediately felt energized.  Friends, don't take a break and get on your "i", instead wake up or break with the greatest I AM.

If you lost your "i"-phone, or pad or pod would you be miserable?  What about if you lost touch with the Great "I"?  How would that make you feel?

Courtney went on to give some verses to us about the great I AM in her book, but I decided to do my own research and here is some verses that encouraged me~ This is who I must worship:



"I am the Lord that brought thee out... "- Gen 15:7
(In this verse, He is talking to Abraham about taking him out of Ur, but I love this phrase.  Just think of what Jesus took us out of...)

"I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob."
- Ex 3:6
(and He should be my GOD too)

"...for I am the Lord that healeth thee." - Ex 15:26
"For I am the Lord, I change not" - Malachi 3:6
(...how reassuring is this!!)

"I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living" - Mathew 22:32
"I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst." - John 6:35

"I am the bread which came down from heaven."  - John 6:41

(a beautiful picture of the spiritual manna that feeds our hungry soul)

  •  (He explains....) "I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world" - John 6:51
 "I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." - John 8:12
  •  As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world. - John 9:5 

I am the door of the sheep. - John 10:7
  • I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. - John 10:9
I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep John 10:11

I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live - John 11:25

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. - John 14:6

I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. - John 15:1

  • I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. - John 15:5

No comments:

Post a Comment