What you need...
- 6-8 large jalapeño peppers, cut in half lengthwise, seeds and ribs removed
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 2 lbs breakfast sausage formed into 12-16 patties
- 1 lb bacon sliced thin
- 1 stick butter, melted
What you do...
- If using the grill heat to medium. If not, heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Fill each jalapeño half with cream cheese. Mold sausage around each jalapeño making sure to cover the entire jalapeño. Wrap each "armadillo egg" with a slice of bacon.
- Cook on open grill until sausage is cooked through and bacon is crispy. Or, bake in oven for 15-20 minutes and broil until bacon is crispy.
- Remove the eggs from grill or oven and cover with melted butter